Monday, December 3, 2012
Day 3: Balance
So, today I feel that balance is so important. All aspects of life need balance. When we have proper balance we are less likely to fall. This goes for all types of balance. There is physical balance which helps us accomplish the day to day activities and then, there is balance in life. When we balance our lives it helps us become more successful. We need to have a balance with work, learning, family, friends, and religion. I know we all need to work, to make a living for ourselves but when we don't make time for the other things, our work will suffer. I am a teacher by trade therefore I have a strong belief in the importance of continuing to gain knowledge throughout life. Even if you have a doctorate degree, you can still learn something new. I feel family is very important in everyone's life. I know not everyone has a family or a blood family anyway. If you don't have a traditional family, that's ok, adopt your own family. I have friends who are closer to me than my blood relatives. These people are my network of support when I have no one else to turn to. Having a group of friends to spend time with and enjoy life with is also very important. Now, I know not everyone believes the same things I do, or the same things Josh does however, this doesn't mean we don't believe in a higher power of some sort. Even those who claim to have no religion have some sort of religious beliefs. Making sure that you balance all of these things in your life helps to keep things in perspective and also helps us to keep from falling in life. Does this mean we will never fall? Absolutely not! When we do fall, it will be much easier to get up if we have a proper balance in life. Something else I think is really important is finding opportunities to serve others. Again, all needs to be balanced, but finding time to forget about yourself and your problems and recognize that other people are suffering as well will help us maintain proper balance in the other areas of our lives. Just as during this Holiday Season is more about the giving than the receiving, that really should continue throughout the year, not just during this time. Think about how it makes you feel when you spend a lot of time and energy in finding the perfect gift (or making it) for someone special. Then, you watch them open the gift and you feel just as much, if not more, joy as the person receiving that gift. My best memories are the ones when I did something that made someone else smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment